As I began importing spells from my physical Book of Shadows onto the web, I considered leaving this one out. I don’t like what it says about me, and I am really embarrassed that I felt desperate enough to turn to magic to try and help me lose weight. Weight loss spells can be dangerous.
I have a really unhealthy relationship with my body. That is apparent in the follow-up notes below the spell. That relationship is a work in progress, and this spell was a step I took to try and “correct it.” I was lucky in the sense that this simply didn’t work for me and that I didn’t end up making myself really sick. The only reason I am including it here is because I want this grimoire to be a faithful recounting of the spells and magic that I have tried, and this was one of them. If you want to attempt this, please use at your own risk, and more importantly, please consider being kinder to yourself first.
This spell is from https://wiccanspells.info/weight-loss-spell/.
And for those curious, as of nearly three months later, I have not lost any weight, but I am trying to learn to love the reflection that stares back at me every day in spite of that.
- A red candle
- A small cloth pouch
- Cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger (about 1 tsp. of each).
This spell should be performed during a waning moon. In order to be most effective, perform it seven days in a row from the first day following a full moon.
- Gather all your tools in front of you and cast your circle. This is the method that I use.
- Light the red candle. As it burns, imagine the heat from the flame warming the inside of your body. Stare into it and imagine your body taking on the attributes of the fire. See how it burns the wax of the candle and visualize your body burning all the stored excess fat just as easily and efficiently.
- Keep your focus on this image and repeat the following incantation three times:
Fire, awaken inside of me,
Burn away the weight I don’t need.
Flame, heat up my body,
As my metabolism increases in speed.
- Pour the spices into the small pouch and seal it. Circle the pouch around the candle clockwise three times and visualize it absorbing the heat of the candle. If this is not your first time performing this spell, it is not necessary to create a new pouch. You may use the same one you created on the first day.
- Say “So mote it be.”
- Blow out the candle and close your circle.
- Keep the pouch of spices close to your body at all times. It will be most effective placed close to your stomach. After every meal, hold it in your left hand for a minute or so and visualize yourself absorbing the heat from it. This spell is intended to help boost your metabolism.
04/03/2018: Accidentally washed the locket I was keeping the spices in. Needed to remake on day 3.
04/07/2018: I weight myself yesterday and the number staring back at me made me sick. This is the most I’ve weighed since I can remember, and the number really shocked me. I didn’t do the ritual last night because I was tipsy, tired, and disheartened. I should have weighed myself on Day 1 so I could track if there was progress, but I was too scared to do so. I will do the ritual once more tomorrow and continue to carry the necklace with me for two weeks. If my weight doesn’t go down, I’ll try a different spell on the next full moon.