I’ve been feeling really unmoored and listless lately. My job pays the bills, but on the best days it bores me and the worst days it frustrates me. I often fantasize about quitting, but I don’t know what I would do instead. This Saturday, I was flipping through Moon Spells: How to Use the Phases of the Moon to Get What You Want and stumbled across this spell. The title grabbed my attention, and I paused to read over the page. When I discovered that Sunday the 24th would be the ideal time to try this out based on Diane Ahlquist’s recommendations, I knew I had to try it. The language is adapted in places from the version in the book to meet my needs.
- A small clear quartz crystal and a small piece of amethyst
- A drawstring pouch or something else to hold the stones together
- 1 purple candle
- Cast your circle. Face East and light the purple candle. I like to smudge my space as well, but this is optional. Read the following affirmation out loud:In the luminous rays of the moon, I ask with a sense of frustration: why am I here? What is my purpose? Do I have a special place or goal I should be pursuing?Am I being anxious? For I have not yet found this special accomplishment I am to bring into being. Am I pressing something that is not yet ready to be revealed to me? Do I feel, as the years march on, that the time is now because I say it is now? I do not know. Tell me, help me, and bring me clarity.
Perhaps I am already doing what I am meant to do. Perhaps my vanity thinks I should be contributing at a higher level. Every one has their purpose. I look at nature: the ants have their place and so do the eagles.
Will I change the world? Am I meant to be a support person for someone else? Am I helping the planet every time I give a warm smile and nod to a stranger? Must everything be so grand as for all people to see our good deeds and acknowledge them? Maybe I am already fulfilling my purpose and am not yet aware of it. Bring me guidance through the wisdom of the all-knowing beings and energies that are enlightened. Make me aware if I have already reached my goal or if I am about to enter onto the path that leads to it.
My age and desires have nothing to do with it. It is my higher power that knows the way. I will be patient. In my patience I will learn what my true purpose is. I let go of the desire to know and accept that things will evolve according to the universal plan. I am here. I am ready.
- Place both gemstones in the pouch. Hold it between your palms. While staring into the candle flames, recite the following:These stones I hold are conductors too,
With answers and visions that will come through.
In my dreams I’ll see what’s real,
My destiny’s to be revealed.
So mote it be.
- Extinguish the candle and close your circle.
- Sleep with the stones underneath your pillow or next to your bed. Pay attention to your dreams for the next three days. Look for symbols. The answers are there for you.
One big mistake I made with this spell: not writing my dreams down immediately upon waking! I completely forgot my dreams from Sunday night, I have vague recollections from Monday, and I managed to grab a few notes this morning from last night. Here is what I remember:
I was in a large gymnasium with my partner. We were working through a new workout routine that my coworker recommended we try, and a fitness instructor from our current gym was there asking my partner questions about it. I remember thinking it was strange to work out with her and not be in one of her classes. My mom was also there. Dreams are strange.
The next thing I remember is driving into a library or school building parking lot. I tried to park right in front, but I needed to wait for some reason and there was a car full of girls in the space right next to mine. This made me anxious, so I parked farther away. I noticed two girls I went to high school with that were at the top of my class approaching the car, so I slid down in the seat to hide from them (haha – not proud). One of them asked me if I had her yellow sweatshirt. She was back after a long absence and had leant it to me the day before she left, but I wasn’t sure where it was.
I did have very intense dreams for the past three nights. I intend to repeat this spell next month to see if I can get additional clarity. These are the symbols that immediately stick out to me:
- A library or school: Should I continue pursuing an education?
- A yellow sweatshirt: Why yellow?